Why Go Green
Why Go Green?
- When baby is new born, up to 12 nappy changes a day, by age one 5 or 6 changes so average that at 7 daily nappies.
- 49 nappies per week means 2,548 nappies in the first year. If you have room to buy in bulk and you go with a supermarket brand, you're still going to be paying 11p per nappy. That means spending £280.28 on nappies and if you only have room to store a pack or two at a time you would probably spend at least 16p a nappy. 49 nappies a week for 52 weeks at 16p per nappy makes £407.68.
- Multiply that by at least two to get to potty training age and the total cost for nappies per baby is £815.36
- Initial outlay on cloth nappies between £150 and £250. These nappies will last until potty training at 2.5 years old and most of them will probably be in good enough condition to be used on the next baby. (That's another £800 saved)
- Nappy wash every two to three days. Only need to wash at 40 degrees and use half the powder you would on a normal load.